- LLS provide money directly to patients to allow them to pay for their cancer care. We gave over 40M nationally to patients last year.
- LLS also funds life-saving research that is used to help all cancer treatment, not just blood cancer treatment. Since 2000, 40% of all FDA approved cancer drugs were for blood cancer but are now being used to treat other diseases.
- Cancer costs an $263.8 billion in medical costs and lost productivity annually in the U.S.
- More than 50% of those persons diagnosed with cancer are of working age.
- Many patients report work-related limitations from their cancer treatment, 1-5 years post diagnosis.
- The Light The Night Walk was named Program of the Year by a walk & run professional forum called Peer To Peer. This is while the top 30 largest walks and runs have declined YOY.
- 71% of consumers are likely to pay more for a product supporting a cause.
- Report to the Nation http://www.lls.org/sites/default/files/National/LSS-Report-05.2.pdf
To learn more about the organization, please visit http://www.lls.org/.